Catholic charities will provide a summer full of free activities for families
Catholic Charities-Diocese of Lubbock is committed to strengthening families by providing services throughout the year. Because summer is an especially critical time for families, Catholic Charities will be offering several free events and activities from June through August for Lubbock and area families.
Below is a schedule of scheduled events:
• Every Saturday, June 11 to July 23, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Family Book Club at Catholic Charities (102 Ave. J.) Families will have the opportunity to learn about diversity and how to navigate the the dynamics of difference. Children ages 4-8 will have a book read to them, enjoy an interactive family activity and can take a book home. All ages are welcome, snacks are provided and lots of goodies.
• Thursday, June 16, 7-9 pm: Summer Safety Swim Party at Maxey Pool (4007 30th St.) Families are invited to join us for safety tips, food and door prizes. Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
• Monday, June 27, 1-2 p.m.: Levelland Youth Lunch & Learn at St. Michael’s Catholic Church (316 E. Washington St.) for ages 10-13.
• Thursday, July 14, Plainview Kids Summer Camp, from noon to 7:30 p.m. at Broadway Park (100 S. Broadway) for children 8 to 13 years old.
• Thursday, July 21, Family Movie Night, 7:30 pm at Stars & Stripes Drive-In (5101 Clovis Road) tips for family time and free snacks, the movie featured will be “Sing 2”.
• Aug. 9-11, Lubbock Kids Summer Camp, 8 a.m.-noon at Rawlings Community Center (213 40th St.) for children ages 6-12. Free school supplies will be provided. Families must register for this event online at Lubbock Parks and Recreation.
For more information or to RSVP for the above events, families can call (806) 696-3942 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.