Activities abound in Nodaway County this week
• October 7-9 – Northwest Hosts Missouri Hope Disaster Response Field Training Exercise which invites students, employees and members of the community to work as volunteers in the Mozingo Outdoor Education and Recreation Area (MOERA).
The majority of volunteers are required to commit to the following 6-hour blocks: Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday, 6 a.m. to 11:59 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, from 6 a.m. to 11:59 a.m. For more information about Missouri Hope and volunteering as an actor, contact assistant professor of biology, Dr. Peter Adam, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 660.562.1256.
• October 7-9 – Junkin in the Hollar Trash 2022 trailer19795 State Highway FF, Burlington Jct.
• October 8 – Northwest Missouri Moon Festival at The Hangar and the Fields Paintball Backyard, 1602 South Main, Maryville, doors open at 10 a.m. There will be food trucks, vendors, inflatables, a beer garden and more. Admission is free, however, reservations for $10 admission tickets are recommended. All proceeds from ticket sales will go to the Ecker family and the Northwest Missouri Children’s Advocacy Task Force.
• October 8 – Mozingo Haunted Campground at Mozingo RV Park, inflatables, hot corn, BBQ, donuts, RV decorating contest, RV road closure, and pumpkin carving begins at 3:00 p.m.; make-up begins at 3:30 p.m.; tour or treatment, 5 to 7 p.m.; storytelling, 5 p.m.; movie, 8 p.m.
• October 9 – Oktoberfest dinner at the Nodaway County Historical Society Museum, 110 North Walnut Street, Maryville. Traditional German foods, $10 per person, take-out orders available.
• October 9 – Clearmont Baptist Church 150th Anniversary Celebration invites the community, former participants/members and all who worked to rebuild the current church after the 2011 fire to join them for a time of worship, food and fellowship. Worship Service, 10 a.m.; lunch, meat and drinks provided, 11:30 a.m.; concert, Sarah Davison of Highroad Music will offer a special worship time singing hymns and gospel songs, 1:30 p.m.; dedication, 2.30 p.m., resume, 6.30 p.m.
• October 9 – Voluntary donation from Centraide Spaghetti Breakfast, drive-thru style, at the Nodaway County Senior Center, 1210 East First Street, Maryville, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• October 11 – Second Harvest Fresh Mobile PantryFourth Street, Barnard, open to the general public, while supplies last, 10am.
• October 11 – Knit 102 at Maryville Public Library, supplies and refreshments provided, 7 p.m. Pre-registration at the reception, the cost is $5.
• October 11, 18, 25 – Story time for babies and toddlers for children birth to five, at the Maryville Public Library, 509 North Main Street, at 9:45 a.m.
• October 11, 18, 25 – Hopkins Museum, Third Street North, Hopkins. Open free of charge from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• October 12 – West Nodaway Community Blood Drive by Community blood center at American Legion Hall, 112 West Main Street, sponsored by WN FFA, 2-6 p.m. Make an appointment at savealifenow.org/group, group code: CBHX. For more information, contact Nicki Honan at 660.725.3317 or email@example.com.
• October 13 – “Occupy Valk” series, “Civil disobedience and the law: a roundtable,Room 118 of the Valk Center, Northwest Missouri State University, 6 p.m.
• October 13 – Northwest Winds Symphony Concert at Mary Linn Auditorium, Ron Houston Center for the Performing Arts, 7:30 p.m.