🌱 Update on CP Deadly Crash + 10 activities in CP + Leander Art Barn
Hi, Cedar Park-Leander. I’m here in your inbox today to keep you up to date with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Keep reading for the latest.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Generally sunny and warm. High: 102 Low: 77.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Cedar Park-Leander who want to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Cedar Park-Leander Daily readers to local businesses they need to know. If this is you, then I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
Here are the top three stories from Cedar Park-Leander today:
- Cedar Park Police Department released more information on the fatal accident of July 6. Around 3:30 p.m., the dump truck driver died after driving over the side of an overpass near Brushy Creek Road on Toll Road 183A. Police will release the driver’s name once the autopsy results are received and next of kin are contacted. (My High Plains)
- Culture Map has created a list of “10 must-do activities in Cedar Park”. The Haute Spot, local shopping, riding a vintage train, Lake Travis, and more. are included in the list. (CultureMap Dallas)
- Art Barn in Leander recently hosted KVUE. Khloe, 11, who is in foster care, like to create art. Art Barn owner Amber Gordon said art is natural therapy. (KVIEW)
From our sponsor:
Are you a resident of Cedar Park-Leander looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they would invest $100,000 right now, and many of them got the same answer: fine art.
Think you can’t afford a Picasso? Well, in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securing of works of art. A company called Masterworks.io has built the largest platform for buying and selling art titles. In the past, you could only buy stocks from companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
This means that you can invest in stocks of million dollar works of art. And in these uncertain times, it turns out fine art can be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation with equities according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically yields 23.2% when inflation is > 3%
- Contemporary art prices outperformed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
For more, visit Masterworks.io, where Cedar Park-Leander Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
View Important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Cedar Park-Leander:
- Summer Camp at Hearts Therapeutic Riding To (09H00)
- Live At the Haute Spot (8:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The Leander Rouse High School football team was ranked eighth in Class 5A-2 in the “Pre-Season Top 10 Football Rankings for each UIL Class”. See the link to see all the rankings. (Beaumont Company)
- Cedar Park Police Department looking to hire an animal control officer! Main requirement: you must love dogs! Click here for more information and to apply. (Facebook)
Alright, so good for today! See you soon.
— Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves to read, walk around the city and have a coffee!