Beautiful, affordable campsites that will help you connect with nature.
As life has become quite busy due to the increasing competition, who doesn’t like to get away from their usual routine a bit, right? In order to rejuvenate yourself from the daily hassles of life, rate these wonderful campsites and plan your next trip to connect with mother nature.
Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
This place is located in the Himalayas, in the northeastern part of Himachal Pradesh. Interestingly, the name “Spiti” means “Middle Earth” because the valley is located between Tibet and India. There is no doubt that the Spiti Valley is one of the most beautiful places in India and is well visited by tourists from all over the world to experience many types of adventures, from camping to trekking. Tourists visit this place mainly to detoxify themselves by camping under the night sky full of stars.
- Best time to camp: Since then the Spiti Valley has been cold most of the time, so the best time to camp is during the summer months, that is, from late May to October.
- How to get there: (i) By Air – The closest airport to the Spiti Valley is Kullu’s Bhuntar Airport, 54 kilometers away. (ii) By road – Buses are available from Manali to reach the Spiti Valley. However, the distance of 198 kilometers is difficult because the roads are difficult.
Spiti Valley in summer. Photo by Anisha Tulika on Unsplash
Chandratal Lake, Himachal Pradesh
It is located at an altitude of 4,300 meters above sea level in the state of Himachal Pradesh, and lies near the Spiti Valley. Beautifully surrounded by mountains and rocky terrain, this place bears a gentle resemblance to Lake Pangong in Ladakh. It is believed that this lake was discovered by some of the nomads who traveled from Ladakh and Tibet to the Spiti and Kullu valleys. It is also believed that in Hindu mythology, Lake Chandratal is the place from where King Yudhistra, who was the eldest of the Pandava brothers, was picked up by Lord Indra’s chariot on their quest to the Himalayas. This place attracts a lot of tourists because of its wonderful view.
- Best time to camp: As Lake Chandratal is located near the Spiti Valley, the best time to camp is from May to October.
- How to get there: (i) By Air – As the closest airport to Spiti Valley is Bhuntar Airport in Kullu, after arriving here a bus or taxi can be hired to reach Lake Chandratal . (ii) By road – Buses and even taxis are available to reach Lake Chandratal. (iii) By Train – As the Shimla Railway passes through various parts of Himachal Pradesh, the train can also be used to reach Lake Chandratal.
Camping at Lake Chandratal is kind of an experience. wikimedia
Namri Eco Camp, Assam
Few people know about this splendid treasure of the Assam region, located further in the foothills of the eastern Himalayas, along the banks of one of the tributaries of the Brahmaputra. There is no doubt that the place is surrounded by dense greens, and therefore to take advantage of the beauty of the view, the camps are often set up near the Jia-Bhoroli river. One of the most important features of this place is that it is a national park with a tiger reserve sanctuary and wildlife sanctuary. Hence, Namri Eco Camp is undoubtedly one of the best places for camping where tourists can also participate in adventure activities like rafting, bird watching, tiger watching and hiking.
- Best time to camp: The best time to camp at Namri Eco Camp is from October to early April.
- How to get there: (i) By Plane: The nearest airport to Nameri Eco Camp is Salonibari Airport in Tezpur, 34 kilometers away. (ii) By road – To reach Namri Eco Camp, road is one of the best ways to reach, as the destinations are well connected by highways. (iii) By train – The nearest station is Rangapara, 21 kilometers from the Namri Eco Camp.
To enjoy the beauty of the view, camps are often set up near the Jia-Bhoroli river. Photo by Wilson Ye on Unsplash
When it comes to camping, how can we not mention Rishikesh, right? Located in the foothills of the Himalayan Shivalik Range and on the banks of the Ganga River, camping here not only brings you closer to nature, but also to spiritualism. As this place is known as the “Yoga Capital of India”, it attracts many tourists who like to camp with adventure games like rafting, body surfing, cliff jumping, trekking, flying. fox and zipline.
- Best time to camp: The best time to camp in Rishikesh is March to June and September to November.
- How to get there: (i) By Air – The nearest airport to Rishikesh is Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, which is 35 kilometers away. (ii) By Road – One of the best ways to reach Rishikesh is by road, and it is also a fun ride. (iii) By train – The nearest train station to Rishikesh is at Haridwar, approximately 25 kilometers away.
The best time to camp in Rishikesh is from September to March. Photo by Scott Goodwill on Unsplash
keywords: Camping, Spiti, Chandratal Lake Camping, India Camping Sites, Rishikesh Camping.